26 August 2005

%&#$@@!!!!


so. right after i did my last post, i was on my way out to the clubs to celebrate my first week in daegu. now, not so much. now i am in niki's apartment, wiping runny mascara off my face, and back on the internet.

dang it if i didn't get locked out of my apartment. it's not what you may i think either. i have my keys, yes indeedily doo. but my dead bolt has been acting funny all week, and now it be broke. it won't turn, it won't open. normally, this would be an, "oh shoot, darn, i'll just have to sleep over with niki after we get all drunks" sort of thing. but no, i was planning on being up by 8 tomorrow and working all day on my masters paper, which still isn't done, but which needs to be done pretty bloody soon. and i happen to be in korea, where the locksmith will come, well, maybe on monday. maybe. which means no working on my stuff this weekend, no having any of my things all weekend. no going out tonight because i'd rather sit with one hand on a box of kleenex, and the other on the remote control in niki's apartment.

also, something that makes this situation really great, is that korea is a very sexest country. that's just how it is, i knew that coming here. however, when i call my boss and say my lock won't work, and he says, well, did you let peter try it? peter's probably strong enough. let me talk to peter on the phone. and i say, well, how about if you tell me what to do, and he says, no, go get peter. and i say how about if you tell me and then i tell peter, and he says no, i'm only going to tell peter, that makes me angry. way super angry.

oh i'm sorry, i'm a woman, and therefore, an idiot. oh the big bad metal thingy has made me all flushed and i'm just too weak to turn the key right. ouff! this boss man isn't very cool in that way. especially when i think how i told him right away that my lock was wonky and that someone should come have a look and he said that i just didn't understand it and i was like, um, yeah, because we don't have locks in america. at least i knew what a universal outlet converter was. maybe i will have to move back west one of these days after all.

but on the bright side, i took the trip of my life alone across the great city of daegu using public transit tonight. it was awesome. that's got to look good, even to a sexest korean man. but that's another post for another time. my kim bap is getting cold.

THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR AT THIS MOMENT:
1. kim bap across the street
2. niki
3. niki's internet/computer
4. hite beer
5. hmm . . . i think i hear a drill, could that be the locksmith?
6. my other boss, rosie, and coworker sunny
7. my cute shoes
8. my lewis and clark expedition to the siji walmart, alone
9. universal outlet converters
10. niki's apartment comes with an extra folding mattress, but mine didn't. lucky.
11. oh, there's niki's mp3 player . . .
12. all of you people, because rosie and sunny can't understand me when i sniffle-talk.
13. i didn't leave anything on in the apartment.
13. i am grateful to be in korea, i am grateful for my awesome job, and i am grateful that i know that there are worse things in life than being locked out of your sweet apartment that you don't have to pay rent for. but it still sucks.

9 replies:

At 12:43 AM GMT+9, Blogger erin elizabeth king says...

yay! and i'm back in!!
you know what? good point about sexest men:

their secret weakness is the tears of the fairer sex. haHA!
when i started crying, my bosses pulled out all the stops and laid down the serious cash to get me into my apartment tonight. i'm not so embarassed that i cried now. sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and sometimes, a girl's gotta cry a widdle. (sniffle)

 
At 3:32 AM GMT+9, Blogger Unknown says...

i like your blog. i checked it out because i saw your post in response to mezzo's blogspam post on mental fiber. I was quite surpised at your list of acceptable and unacceptable etiquette. ever been to www.engrish.com? i go all the time and laugh my pointy head off. please check it out and then keep your eyes peeled, i bet you we some engrish here and there. also... you should try coolpis and blog about whether or not it really is good because i have always wondered

 
At 3:54 AM GMT+9, Blogger Unknown says...

also, one of my wife's good friends just recently returned from Korea after a deportation and stint in a Korean jail for a murder that she didn't commit. she has told us many stories about korea(coolpis for example). she loved it there but she has mentioned many of the same things as you. i guess that makes abnormally interested in your blog... have fun being creeped out that some crazy random dude is obsessed with your blog

 
At 10:35 AM GMT+9, Blogger Pikafan says...

Well there you go. Just make sure you keep plenty of onions in your fridge, and you'll be ready to bring on the waterworks to get whatever your heart desires. :)

 
At 12:36 PM GMT+9, Blogger erin elizabeth king says...

eek! don't worry mom, i promise i won't get thrown in jail for any murders. swear.

 
At 9:21 PM GMT+9, Blogger nelson s. says...

thanks for the comment on my blog. good luck in korea. and being a surgical resident isnt that great... its 5:21 am and im up studying about neck anatomy.

 
At 11:04 PM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous says...

glad to hear that you're back in your apartment!

yay for manipulating sexest men!

 
At 3:31 AM GMT+9, Blogger Æmilius says...

In Switzerland, they have a more subtle way of discriminating against women. They have these pay bathrooms in train stations where you have to pay 1 CHF (Swiss frank) for a urinal, and 2 CHF for a toilet stall. So, as you can figure out, women must pay more just for the priviledge of answering nature's call. Those diabolical Swiss...

 
At 5:21 AM GMT+9, Blogger Æmilius says...

Damn. I misspelled privilege...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home