03 March 2006

little daniel joker


does anyone remember "little johnny jokes"? the ones where little johnny asks his mommy what all the naughty words mean and she tells him they mean really innocent things so he goes and tells the priest, innocently, that his mom is doing all these naughty word things?

well, i was late for my third class today because one of my 7-year-old wunderkinds, daniel, was telling me what i can only imagine is a korean-student-learning-english's version of a little johnny joke.

it took him about 7 minutes to tell the joke and i didn't understand he was telling a joke until about 5 minutes into it. once i realized he was telling a joke, it was the funniest thing i have ever heard in my life. i think he intended it to be kind of bad, slightly dirty even, but he messed up all the punch lines.

and when i was done, he stunned me with a "wingardium leviosa" harry potter spell so i could fly easily to my next class. sigh. sigh.

it reminded me of jokes my little brother used to make up, like, for example:

why did oprah eat soap?
because she wanted to be a soap oprah.

get it?

0 replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home