10 August 2005

barter barter barter

i am so tired of bartering. but that goes with the territory of selling all your (large) worldy possessions on the mcgill university online classifieds. come on people. i want to get rid of my stuff quickly! that is why i offer a super nice desk for $50 and a sweet printer for $25. i was trying to keep prices low in the first place so that the stuff would sell, i wasn't planning on knocking ten bucks off everything right off the bat. sheesh. oh well, at least it's gone. all except for my bed and my big ol' couch. i figure that they are probably just going under, which is fine really. i've made plenty money in my overhaul. and the people moving in here are super fantastic and said that whatever i don't sell i can just leave here and they will dump it accordingly, or sell it and send me the money. good kids they are. they could even keep them if they wanted, i don't really care. they gave me a load of money for lots of other items and i don't mind kicking in my dumpy couch and bed just for the nicey-nices they have been to me.
so i just got rid of my desk, for $40 of course, not $50. this guy came to get it, looked at it for two seconds and then said he would take it for $40. so okay, fine, at this point i just want to get rid of the desk! and i've found a buyer! yay! the funny thing is that then he utterly refused to let me help him take it apart, even so far as turning the screwdriver, or carry it downstairs. probably because i was wearing a skirt. in the end, i really didn't mind because he had the kind of b.o. that lingers in the stairwell for fifteen minutes after he's gone. now here i sit, in a skirt, deskless at my kitchen table (actually, at the kitchen table which is at this point the property of the kids moving in after me), working/procrastinating on my masters paper, with the windows wide open to clear the air of the funk of desk man.
but the sunlight from the sunset is awful pretty.
only four more sunsets to go!
(sniffle)

0 replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home