08 August 2005

mysterious island: ulleungdo

this week is a week of crazy for me as i get ready to leave my beloved montreal and venture east. eek!

i have a three track mind these days:

1. masters paper!
2. sell stuff!
3. korea!

when i am on my korea track, i am trying to learn the language, loosely plan my adventure, and supply myself accordingly for said adventure. for example, on my list of things to do and see is the mysterious island, ulleungdo
oooh . . . sounds spooky!
what's really spooky is that:

1. they no speakie engrish on said island
2. it is a volcanicish island with lots of pointy rocks to hike on

that being said, i need to acquire some good hiking boots before i go. good hiking boots cost money, dagnabbit. and they require shopping and research and the trying on of a variety of hiking boots. what's more, even though i could probably get boots in korea, which would be nice because i wouldn't have to ship them with me, i've been warned that koreans are smaller than me and therefore have littler smaller daintier feet than me as well, and it could be hard to purchase any shoes while there. plus, i don't want to just assume that they make and market high quality hiking shoes, whether or not at a lower cost than here. besides, i'd rather buy in english at the moment, thanks.

so, back i go now to the insanity of trying to get out a decent version of my paper while simultaneously being a boy scout about arriving prepared in korea. i will be happy once i am there and all this preparation is behind me.

0 replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home