27 January 2006

PDA! PDA! turn your head the other way . . .

that's PDA as in "public display of affection,"
not "personal data assistant."
(or whatever it is that other PDA stands for)

so i kissed two different boys today.
well, i should say i was kissed by two boys.
but it wasn't my fault.

the first kiss was from aaron. age 5. pictured here, standing to my left. you would think he would be standing a bit closer, since he was about to kiss me and all.

(today was the lunar new year celebration and birthday party at my school, so it was playtime all day and the kids wore the traditional korean dress again, the hanbok.)



i was puffing out my cheeks, like i do all the time, expecting to get two little fists to the face at which point i would produce a raspberry *pthbbb* sound, earning myself some giggles, and perhaps a face full of kid spit in return.

instead i got a big, fat smooch right in the kisser. whoa. did anyone else see that? no one? okay good . . . tra la la, i'm going to go stand over here now.

aaron is new to this whole, school/teacher/student thing.

i was more guarded for the rest of the day, lest another child be overcome with the holiday spirit and lay another one on me. it seems i was not guarded enough. after stuffing my face with lots of birthday cake, i spent the last half of the afternoon watching "a bug's life" in a dark room (there's my mistake right there) with a bunch of kids, half asleep.

jason, age 6, pictured below:




was asleep in my lap. or so i thought . . . as soon as the movie ended, he turned around, looked me right in the eyes, blinked a big blink, grabbed my cheeks, said "Erin! I love you!" and kissed me before i even knew what was happening.

once again i feel that i would never survive an american kindergarten.
i would be fired and then tell my story on oprah.
but it wasn't my fault!

11 replies:

At 11:25 PM GMT+9, Blogger Æmilius says...

It's your panda magnetism, Erin. No one can resist you. :)

By the way, what in god's name is going on behind Jason in the second photo? We've seen your kids do some inappropriate things before, but that girl is really going too far with that boy...

"She molestered me! Bad touch! Bad touch!"

 
At 6:27 AM GMT+9, Blogger Immortalis says...

"...from the mouths of children...."

As for what other people might think, well, they are just jealous!

(But seriously, if you ask me, I believe that when we start penalizing affection (and yes, Émile, that includes the photo) we lose part of our own humanity...)

 
At 8:33 AM GMT+9, Blogger erin elizabeth king says...

i think that young boy may be in the process of being punished rather than loved.

and i think you're right thanos. the korean school system isn't so obsessed with keeping students and teachers separated and it's kind of nice. i like all the love i get and i'm going to go through withdrawl when i leave!

 
At 1:05 PM GMT+9, Blogger Andrea says...

Em, since when can't students kiss their teachers (' assistants)?

 
At 12:50 AM GMT+9, Blogger Æmilius says...

I never said they couldn't. :)

 
At 2:35 AM GMT+9, Blogger Megs says...

ek, i think you're okay as long as no tongue was involved.

 
At 5:56 AM GMT+9, Blogger Pikafan says...

Yikes! Little kid tongue?!? :P

Boy oh boy, they're going to miss you when it's over...

 
At 1:29 AM GMT+9, Blogger erin elizabeth king says...

my friends are sickos.

:)

 
At 6:15 AM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous says...

if you tell your story on oprah, just make sure that you tell a pretty accurate account of what happened.

you don't want to make oprah feel duped, after all, like here.

 
At 12:30 PM GMT+9, Blogger Æmilius says...

We sure are, Erin. I guess sickos are just naturally drawn to you. :)

 
At 2:54 PM GMT+9, Blogger erin elizabeth king says...

i am the one kissing little boys, afterall . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home